Austin rockstar clothing shop South Side Sanctuary at First Thursday on South Congress [VIDEO]
Last night Jasmine and I headed over to South Congress to hit up First Thursday. Although she’s lived here for over 10 years, this was her first time to take part in the monthly South Austin tradition.
After a lot of walking (and drinking), we decide to hit up the lot in between Vespaio and Austin Art Glass and check out T-Shirts designed by one of our favorite Austin artist collectives-and superstar Twitterers (@SanctuarySouth)-South Side Sanctuary. In today’s video transmission, Jon Pattillo shows us a couple of designs and tells us a little bit more about the local t-shirt company.
Thanks to everyone who met us out last night for First Thursday on South Congress. Extra big special thanks to South Side Sanctuary! It was great meeting our readers, and we can’t wait till next First Thursday!
While watching the 2-Minute video, look out for:
- “Boobs” spelled with a calculator
- Capoeira dancers in a circle behind Jasmine
- The local band on the front of Chris’ t-shirt
- David Carradine’s Resurrection?
- The sounds of the Congress Street Choir across the street (that was while they were singing, not when they dissed our gay friends)
- Jasmine’s SECRET!