Well, we’ve been up for a while now. I guess it’s time to start highlighting some of the good ish. To choose these “Best Of” posts, we based it on traffic, amount of times the post was shared and a little bit of editorial discretion. Sadly, most of the share counts were erased when we upgraded our site, so don’t let the low numbers fool you, these guys are all winners!
Top Posts on Austin Music
- Take an enchanted hike with Austin chanteuse Celeste Griffin from blues-folk band Monarchs. [MUSIC + VIDEO]
- Austin electro-dance band GOBI’s new EP The Poltergeist Arcade is a cosmic mind trip. [REVIEW + LISTEN]
- REVIEW: Austin indie-pop band Hollywood Gossip’s new album “Dear As Diamonds” is like an East Side house party. [VIDEO]
- Top 5 non-traditional Latino bands you don’t want to miss at Pachanga Fest 2010.
- Kat Edmonson sings ‘Lucky’ at sunset. [MUSIC VIDEO]
- Saying goodbye to KGSR. Is Austin radio dying?
- Austin Brit-rock band STEREO IS A LIE will blow your eardrums.
Top Posts on Austin Restaurants
- Michelle C’s Guide to Eating in Austin on the Cheap.
- What Texas wine pairs with Torchy’s Tacos? Texas Hill Country Wine and Food Festival 2010 Preview.
- Austin novelist Jennifer Ross–author of ‘Icing on the Cupcake’–chooses Best Cupcake in Austin in a deathmatch tasting. Do you agree?
- 24 Diner-Austin’s Newest Late Night Restaurant-Will Make You Fat.
- Try the Döner Kebab at Austin’s Kebabalicious Food Trailer And Your Head Might Explode!
- A trip to the Austin Farmers Market with La Condesa’s Chef Rene Ortiz and Chef Laura Sawicki.
- Sugar Mama’s Bakeshop Birthday Party and Pie Eating Contest–Yeah, It Got Messy.
Top Posts on Green Living in Austin
- Seasonal Drinking: An easy recipe for handpicked Prickly Pear Margaritas.
- 5 steps to make your work place more eco-friendly.
- Is your sunblock actually harming you?
- Do Austinites live off of hopes, dreams and angel farts?
- How to live a year in Austin without going to the grocery store.
- The Big Tex Seasonal Diet–8 tips to help Mama Earth get your body ready for summer.
- Rooftop Sledding and 9 Other Ways to Make Austin A Giant Playground
Top Humorous Posts about Austin Life
- Are Satanic rituals being held on the Barton Creek Greenbelt? [PICTURES]
- UNCONFIRMED RUMOR: Roger Huerta continues his vigilante spree through Austin! [PICTURES]
- Did this Missed Connection see a ghost at the Scoot Inn last Saturday?
- Have you been to Trevor’s Drunken Hooker Shop off of 28th and Salado?
- UNCONFIRMED RUMOR: City of Austin to host ‘Do Something’–a city-wide reality show on VH1 starring Jillian Michaels.
- TREND WATCH: Are art cars losing ground to the hoarder car in the fight to keep Austin weird?
- Governor Rick Perry makes surprise appearance at Austin Gay Pride! [PICTURE]
Top Posts on Austin History
- 44 Years after the UT Tower Massacre, is Charles Whitman still a bad guy? [GRAPHIC PICS]
- What was Austin like before I-35?
- You think it’s rained a lot this summer, check out these pics of Austin from the Great Flood of 1935!
Top Posts on Personal Finance
- Which online coupon site offers the best deals for Austin?
- Why You Should Fire Your Bank and Move Your Money.
- Chasing A Memory: How my Mom’s death has affected my spending habits.
- Meet SmartyPig–A simple tool to help you live without credit cards and still get what you want.
- Does having a joint account kill the romance?
- The Cheap, Part I: Is ‘Cheap’ the New ‘Bitch’?
- Financial Awakening, Part III: Debt = Slavery